I’m a Canadian planner, researcher and writer interested in urban issues: housing, immigration, transportation, growth management, and governance. I am a consultant in Toronto with expertise in:
- Regional planning and policy (Ontario Growth Secretariat–Ministry of Infrastructure)
- Housing policy and research (Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver, BC Non-Profit Housing Association, Social Planning and Research Council of BC, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation)
- Transportation planning and research (University of Amsterdam, TransLink, Federation of Canadian Municipalities)
- Teaching and supervising Masters thesis research (University of Amsterdam, University of British Columbia)
- Market research (Mustel Group)
I have a B.L.Arch from the University of Toronto, and a M.A. and Ph.D. from the UBC School of Community and Regional Planning (SCARP). I write for online publications and academic journals, and am currently editing a book of case studies in Canadian planning.
This website is designed and hosted at bricoleurbanism.org, with portraits provided by the very talented C.S. Cosco. All the other artwork is mine. You can contact me at planningutopia(at)gmail.com or through LinkedIn.